Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I'm a changed woman

I don't even know how many weeks it has been... maybe closer to a month, but I stopped this obsessive relationship I had with the scale.  I just decided one day to stop.  That very day, I was happier.  No scale was going to determine how I felt about myself.

I'm pretty damn proud of myself for breaking this cycle.  It was self destructive.  I decided that I am better off gauging how I feel/look rather than by reading a number.  I'm by no means textbook anyways.  My body has too many conditions that work against me.  It took awhile to get over the mentality of "giving up" because that wasn't it at all.  In fact, I hit my goal and guess what.... I still didn't find what I was looking for.  No surprise there now, is it?

After all, maybe that was the very thing I was looking for.  To not to look for the answer out there, but to look within.

1 comment: