Monday, June 14, 2010

A long Summer

This summer isn't quite what I expected.

My hubby has been to several week long trainings to prepare him for this implementation that is happening now at work.  This has been happening in the last month or so.  It'll last until this fall.

What does this mean for me?  Hubby is gone.  A lot.  It's 9:30pm and he's still working.  I don't know when he'll be home.  He basically goes in to work at 5 or 5:30am and works until I tell him I'd like him to come home.  It sucks.

He'll usually come home to grab a quick bite and say hello to the kids, but then he's off.  This is how I am spending my summer and early fall.

Long days without any help with the kids leaves me quite frazzled.  By the time he's around I'm done.  I'm tired emotionally and physically.  I would have went for a run tonight, but couldn't because I had to be here with the kids.  I really wanted to run, but somehow a bowl of ice cream was an acceptable substitute.

Ho hum.  


 

1 comment:

  1. Mandy you know I will always watch your kids for you if you ever need Me time. I would be totally open and you would not have to pay me a dime! I know what it is like to need and want help. We just need to be there for each other. I really do mean this. If you want to go for a run or get your hair done or whatever and don't want to ask your mom just bring them to me. The boys would love hanging with Cooper and Maddy! I know you may feel alone in the home front but please know that your friends are here for you and do know what you are going through. Just remember you are Strong even though there are moments of weakness. We all have those. They don't define us we just pick ourselves up and realize if we can get through this we can get through anything even if we don't want to.

    ReplyDelete