I feel like a bloated mess. Stress will do that to you.
In the last two weeks I've talked to 2 different teachers regarding Cooper's classroom behavior/expectations. He's missing 1-3 hours of class time a day because of it. He's not only disrupting his education, but the education of the other kids. I get where the teacher is coming from. I hope she gets where we are coming from... where Cooper is coming from. He's not your typical kid. He's in a mainstreamed class, with a classroom aide and an L.D teacher supporting all of them. He needs a lot of support.
I'm just frustrated because I feel like besides supporting the school's efforts at home on rules they abide by, I can't change Cooper's behavior. I can encourage it, but It's not like I sit down with my child and have a two way conversation about walking quietly in the hallway and sitting in his chair properly. I get him to do things at home or behave a certain way, but that doesn't always carry over.
Did I mention I was frustrated?
So, WIW... I did lose .5 lbs last week. That's about what I expected. Stress... bleh. Down 11.5... woot woot. I want to stress eat really bad. Reeeeaaalllly bad. Some days it takes everything I have in me not to just eat a lot of junk. It's mindless and easy. I've changed though. I'm conscious of it and I'm recognizing those feelings. I'm processing that and chewing on gum instead. That usually works.
Alright... off to bed. Goodnight!
No comments:
Post a Comment